Close Menu
Minneapolis Personal Injury Lawyer
Minneapolis Personal Injury Lawyer > Minneapolis Car Accident Lawyer

Minneapolis Car Accident Lawyer

Helping people injured in car accidents around the Twin Cities and throughout Minnesota

Have you or a loved one been injured in a car accident that was not your fault? The car accident lawyers at TC Injury Law in Minneapolis represent car accident injury victims. We work aggressively to obtain a fast and fair recovery for our clients. If you have been in a car accident, our local attorneys can help. Let’s get started by answering some questions people often have after being injured in a car accident.

Why should I hire a lawyer to handle my car accident claim?

Circumstances surrounding car accidents often seem straightforward—the other car ran a red light and is responsible—but this is rarely the case. More often than not, a simple car accident can quickly turn complex. Many people believe that an insurance company—whether it’s your insurance or the other driver’s insurance—will take care of them. We often forget that insurance companies are in business to make money, not to help people.

Most car accident victims have been instructed by their insurance company never to admit fault. Sometimes there are even circumstances where the at-fault driver blames you just so their car will get fixed; sometimes, they blame you because they want to sue you for their injuries! Insurance companies often support their insured client’s versions of events, even when the facts don’t add up. In fact, they pay millions of dollars per year to high-priced lawyers to defend their version rather than pay you. 

Finally, and most troubling, the auto insurance company will ALWAYS deny that your injuries are as bad as they are, and they will ALWAYS offer you a fraction of the true value of your case. As a victim of a serious accident, you cannot fight these battles without an experienced and aggressive attorney defending your rights.

The knowledgeable car accident lawyers at TC Injury Law will not only level the playing field, but they will lean it in your favor, make certain that you are treated fairly, and recover the monetary damages you deserve.

What is the other driver’s insurance responsible for?

The other driver’s insurance is generally responsible for paying the damages to your vehicle and for paying you a lump sum settlement as compensation for the damages they caused. The lump-sum settlement as compensation for your damages is determined by different factors, which include payment for your past and future medical bills and wage loss but also includes a lump sum payment to compensate you for causing you the pain and suffering, disability, scarring, permanent disability, loss of ability to earn income and embarrassment. Because these damages cannot be determined by reviewing a medical bill or wage stub, you need an experienced and aggressive Minneapolis car accident attorney to explain these damages and how your life has been affected for you to receive the best compensation for your injuries.

What is my automotive insurance responsible for?

Every insured person involved in an accident in Minnesota is entitled to receive $20,000.00 in available medical benefits and $20,000.00 in available wage loss through their own automobile insurance company, the automobile insurance on the car they were in at the time of the accident, or through the Minnesota Assigned Claims Bureau. This insurance is called No-Fault Insurance and is sometimes called Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance.

What should I do if my insurance company fails to pay my medical bills and wage loss?

It is common for your No-Fault insurance company to deny payment of your medical expenses or wage loss. Most of the time, the insurance company will hire a doctor they choose to perform an examination of you and write a report to support their refusal to pay your medical expenses. Sometimes they just don’t pay without providing a reason. The only way to make them pay is to file a dispute and resolve it through informal binding arbitration. TC Injury Law has vast experience arbitrating No-Fault claims throughout the Twin Cities. Choosing an experienced and aggressive car accident lawyer can help ensure your medical bills and wage loss are promptly paid.

Will my insurance rates go up if I make a claim against my own insurance company for payment of my medical expenses and wage loss?

No. Your automotive insurance company cannot raise your rates for submitting a claim for No-Fault Benefits. In fact, it is against the law for an insurance company to raise your rate for making a No-Fault claim. An insurance company can only increase your insurance rates if you are at fault for causing an accident, not for using the available benefits.

I’m ready to talk to a lawyer about my Minneapolis car accident claim. Who do I call for help?

Call TC Injury Law today for a free consultation to discuss your recent car crash. An attorney or investigator will also come to your home, office, hospital room or coffee shop near your home if you prefer. After the free consultation, you will better understand the value of your potential claim and the best steps to take going forward. If you request, we will also provide you with a free written case analysis before you decide to hire us, setting forth the facts specific to your claim, legal analysis and our recommended strategy, so you know—and can reference—your legal rights and options. If we decide to handle your case, you will pay no legal fees until we obtain compensation on your behalf. If our Minneapolis car accident lawyers do not recover monetary compensation for you, then you will owe us no attorney fee.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

© 2017 - 2024 Gunther Law Office, Attorneys at Law. All rights reserved.
SEO for this law firm website done by Skol Marketing.

Contact Form Tab